Support the Triad Trojan Club


Friday, August 14, 2009

Help Build "George Tirebiter's House."

Hey Trojans:

I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer as we head into "the most wonderful time of the year" (for me at least). Kickoff against San Jose State is a little over 3 weeks away, so I wanted to share with you something that is important to me.

My wife, Sylvia and I are on the Board of Directors of a wonderful organization called Carolina Veterinary Assistance & Adoption Group. We help neglected, abandoned and abused dogs and cats return to good health, and aggressively try to find loving homes for them. I am involved with a very important part of this organization called the "Garden of Life for Pets" a no-kill animal sanctuary where we rehab the pets and house them until they can be adopted.

Recently, we had a wonderful anonymous donation of over $3,000 which helped us build four kennel runs for the dogs. However, they need proper housing to help protect the animals in the winter. So I have made it my mission to ask my USC friends to help sponsor "George Tirebiter's House" by raising $500 so we can build the house shown below.

George Tirebiter's House

The is a fully lined well-built structure that has a removable wind guard for winter which creates a warm area inside for the dogs to rest. In the summer, the guard is removed to allow better air flow and keep the house cool. The center window would NOT be included as that is where the "warm zone" is inside.

EVERY DONATION COUNTS! $25, $50, $5, it doesn't matter. NO DONATION IS TOO LITTLE. Rockingham county where our sanctuary is located has a euthanasia rate of 75% - 95%! The animals are only given 3 days to live in the Rockingham animal shelter before they are put down, we are trying to change that and with your help we can.

Please send your donation (made payable to CVAAG) to:

CVAAG
% Mayon
1 Boxelder Court
Greensboro, NC 27405

Please memo the check "George's House."

From my heart I thank you for your help, and more importantly every pet we save from being killed will thank you.

Fight On!
Andrew

No comments: